There is substantial evidence that confirms the great potential of online video marketing. From engagement to shareability, videos enjoy a significant advantage in the world of content marketing. This week, we’ll take a look at some of the numbers that really speak for themselves.
Five Video Marketing Statistics to Remember
- Right behind Google, YouTube is the second most used search engine in the world. Why? Because people want to consume information in the form of videos. It’s important to make sure you optimize your website for Google, but it’s equally important to make sure your videos are optimized for YouTube search results.
- 80% of visitors to your site will watch a video, while only 20% will read content to its completion. What’s more, users spend 88% more time on a website with video as opposed to without video. This is crucial in terms of attracting and retaining potential new customers.
- Trying to explain what it is your business does? Use a video. “Videos increase people’s understanding of your product or service by 74%.”
- Want to increase your presence on search engines? “Your website is 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engine results page if it includes video.”
- The growth of the smartphone industry has driven mobile data consumption. By 2016, “two-thirds of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video.” Not only that, but mobile users tend to watch longer videos than desktop users. This underscores the importance of (A) making sure your videos are optimized for mobile platforms, and (B) producing video content in mobile formats such as Instagram and Vine.
About TalkingTree Creative
Talking Tree Creative is a video and event production company that creates memorable experiences and lasting impressions on screen, on stage, and online. Headquartered in Washington D.C., TalkingTree Creative serves clients in the private, non-profit and government sectors, is a leader in the event production and video production field, infusing its work with elements of creativity, entertainment, and engagement. For more information about TalkingTree Creative, please visit talkingtreecreative.com. Follow TalkingTree Creative on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with our latest projects. Get a dose of visual inspiration by checking us out on YouTube and Pinterest as well.